Beetroot is a superfood rich in iron, potassium, vitamin B6, A, C, magnesium and nitrate. This beet-root is also known as table beet, red beet or garden beet. The daily intake of this beet-root has many different health benefits like it protects your heart, bones, body and also helps in improving your sex life. Below listed are few benefits of beetroot:-
1. Controls Cholesterol:- Daily eating of beetroot can help in reducing the Cholesterol level due to the presence of fibers that can reduce and control bad Cholesterol.
2. Energy Provider :- The Beetroot juice acts as an energy booster. It is said that if you consume one glass beet-root juice before workout, then it can boost up your performance level as it stimulated your blood vessels.
3. Weight Control :- Beetroot is high in soluble fibers which fights against fats, helping you to manage weight and also low in calories. This beet-root a loss cleanse the toxins and excess water from the body. Thus, it helps skin glow naturally.
4. Act as Antioxidant :- Beetroot being red in colour acts as very good anti-oxidant which supports the immune system and thus reduces bad Cholesterol.
5. Removes Constipation :- It has high soluble fiber content which cleanses the colon and flushes out the harmful toxins from the stomach, thus relieving constipation.
6. Controls Blood Sugar :- Due of the soluble fibers stabilize the glucose level in blood. So it should be consumed by the diabetic patient at least thrice a week. It also helps a diabetic person from getting sweet cravings.
7. Can Reduce Heart Attack :- As Beetroot is rich in nitrates so it can reduce the chances of heart attack and also controls Blood pressure. Have a healthy heart by daily consuming the juice of beetroot. Having just about 500 grams of beetroot every day reduces a person’s blood pressure in about six hours.
8. Best Nutrients Provider :- Beetroot is very rich in nutrients and so it boosts the immune system and produces new blood cells.
9. Good For Pregnant Women :- Beetroot has an abundant supply of folic acid, which is important for pregnant moms and unborn babies. It helps to form the spinal cord properly of the unborn child and also prevents children from spina bifida. It gives extra energy to the would be moms during pregnancy.
10. Beats Osteoporosis:- Having a glass of beetroot juice a day could help keep conditions such as osteoporosis and brittle bone disease.
11. Boost Brain Power:- Consumption of beetroot increases the blood flow to the brain, which also reduces the effect of dementia. It has nitrate content which, when converted to nitrite helps in the better transmission of neural impulses, making the brain work better.
12. Strengthens Bones :- It contains nutrients like magnesium, vitamin C, folate, which is best to strengthen bones.
13. Fights AgeingAgeing: It helps the purify the blood and help to provide healthier skin. It has anti-oxidants which help in reducing the early signs of ageing in the body. Thus, it will help to provide a fair and radiant look to your face and skin.
14. Healthy Hair :- It contains carotenoids which help in maintaining healthy hairs by increasing its volume and brings natural shine in hairs.
15. Detoxifies Blood :- Beetroot helps to detoxify the blood due to the presence of essential minerals and nutrients in it. Daily consumption of beet-root reduces acne and pimples, which are caused due to impurities in the blood.
16. Natural Hair Dye :- Due to its dark colour it can be used as a natural hair dye or colour agent in hair. It is safe and brings better colour in the hair.